Wednesday, February 14, 2007

A Salute to the women in my life

'Vasanti takes me to office & Sunaina drops me back home'. Thats what I have been telling people who tell me that driving to office and back home is a pain because of the traffic in Bangalore. I however realised only recently how much of a difference these ladies make in my life.

Vasanti went on a vacation and Anajana took over......Don't get me wrong, she is very good too..........but the change in the morning got me thinking how we 'get used' to the women in our life and start taking them for granted. I know I do.

The reason I am putting this down is because this 'realization' is not just because of the RJ's but also related to my darling wife. For the benefit of those who still dont know, we are expecting a baby in Mid march. The delivery will be in Pune and because of Airline rules and doctors orders, D can't travel past the 35th week.

That was the good news. The bad news (atleast from my point of view) is that this is the 35th week. She leaves for Pune on Feb 15th.

After having had her around all the time for almost 6 years, its weird to think about her not being around me all of a sudden. Although I plan to be in Pune for 2 weeks around the delivery date and then again in the end of April, the next few months are the longest that we've been away from each other. Infact, in the last 6 years its never been more than 2 weeks.

Being the idiot that I am, I was unnecessarily honest with my wife in acknowledging that i was looking forward to living by myself for a while..........which is only partially true. I WILL miss her - I know - Not just during Breakfast & Dinner, but throughout the day & night. She IS the best thing that ever happened to me, and for those of you who haven't met her or dont know her - I feel sorry for you.

Its about time I was forced to live by myself again. Time to find if I can still cook my own meal and if I can operate that washing machine :). There is a part of me that wants to go through the grind because I think I have become very lazy & dependent on my wife - which is not a very good thing.

And to my darling wife, I promise - I will keep the house clean, and not leave my clothes all over the place, Eat healthy (and on time) and workout at the gym regularly to get back in shape. I will also re-pot all the plants while u are away ;)

Now that I have finished writing I am wondering if the name of this article should have been 'A Salute to the love of my life', cause honey - for you I would give up the Vasantis, Sunainas & Anjanas anyday.

No comments: