Tuesday, November 28, 2006

We can't Play

Sorry as I feel for Md. Kaif beacuse of what people did to his house, I think the blame lies with us, The Audience in our country. We build up these huge expectations from our teams and expect them to Win everything where ever they go..

I don't think its the fault of our players that they can't Win.....may be the blame lies with the selectors who can't find 16 inform players in the entire country.

Why just blame and torture the cricketers, weren't we champions at Hockey once upon a time ? I remember staying up late at night during school days to watch India battle it out in a Hockey World Cup - doesn't even sound like a fact anymore.

I believe that the problem that needs fixing is in the basic administration of sports in the country and the sponsership models.

Why else would Sania still be strugling between the 50-100 rank, Narian working as a test driver in F1, Hockey - [do we still have a team ?], Leander & Bhupathi - don't want to play together [They were doing well together, weren't they ?], Anju Bobby George can't seem to get it right when it matters ??

I seriously doubt if we can be world beaters in Kho-Kho & Kabadi anymore.

Golf, they say, is the new high in Indian Sports - All I can say is - Wait till our sponsors & advertising guys find out :)

No comments: